Cycling is a great activity, it keeps you fit, is environmentally friendly, and super fun once you get the bike you really like. That being said, if you are a cyclist looking to take your performance to the next level then getting specialized cycle shoes is something you should definitely consider.
It depend what sort of cycling you do as to what type of cycling shoe you will choose, for there are one or two different styles and types to compare. There are few key features depending on what you may want to choose. The benefits of cycling shoes are significant. Here are five major objective that cycling shoes will enable you to achieve for the better cycling experience:
1. Cycling shoes have stiff sole that allows you to apply more force while pedaling. The application of more power means a higher power output, which means burning of extra calories. Therefore, not only cycling but the right pair of cycling shoes are elemental in keeping you fitter.
2. The stiff sole of bike shoes allow you to transfer power more efficiently from your feet to the pedals. While with tennis shoes there is lack of support which results the foot collapse through the arch. This causes arch pain, tendon problems, etc. Thus, right cycling shoes protects your feet from these injuries and also from the stress of pedaling.
3. Cycling shoes provides control while accelerating or when standing during climbing. The stability offered by the cycling shoes gives you more confidence as you get to feel more control on the bike.
4. By connecting your shoe to the pedal, you can utilize more muscle groups throughout the pedal stroke. The activation of more muscles groups brings about greater changes in fitness, strength, and endurance.
5. It has been found that modern clip less pedals offer varying degree of rotational float allowing the knee to travel in a more linear motion and hence reducing any stress on the knee portion. Thus it is clear that cycling shoes leads to a reduced incidence of knee injuries as well.
Wearing the right shoes while cycling can mean the different between a comfortable riding and one filled with pain, or worse injury. They protect cyclist's feet while riding and can help prevent foot cramping and fatigue more effectively than traditional shoes.
There are many different manufacturers now who heave helped develop specialist cycle shoes to help you get the most out of your cycling. Make sure you find the right shop to get you cycling shoes.
Article Source: http://www.sooperarticles.com/shopping-articles/shoes-footwear-articles/top-5-health-benefits-using-cycling-shoes-1427158.html
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!